Ingenicomm, a Braxton Science & Technology Group subsidiary, seeks a Security Engineer to support our growing business. Ingenicomm is a leading provider of ground and range equipment and enterprise engineering services for civil and commercial aerospace programs, as well as the defense and intelligence communities. With a strong corporate culture, Ingenicomm has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia by Virginia Business magazine for two years in a row.
The Security Engineer will lead the definition, implementation, and assessment of security controls for all NOAA Jason Ground System (NJGS) technology refresh elements, subsystems, and components. An experienced professional with a background in implementing 800-53 compliant I security and information assurance controls in Windows, Linux, and hybrid environments, the Security Engineer will be responsible for the execution of the Security Assessment Plan and will support system vulnerability assessment and remediation as well as SCA activities. The Security Engineer will additionally provide Systems Administration support for the configuration and operation of Windows and Linux systems.
Successful candidates will be highly motivated individuals comfortable working with a cross-disciplinary team in a fast-paced and challenging environment. This position provides opportunities to work with, and create, cutting-edge aerospace technology in support of civil space programs.
- Chantilly, VA
- Weekly travel to Suitland, MD required
- Competitive, commensurable with experience and market
Required Security Clearance
- US Citizenship is required
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Self-motivated and disciplined - able to work with minimal direct supervision
- Quick learner and enjoys the challenge of learning and doing something new
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Experience with installation, configuration, and management of Cisco network devices, including switches, routers, and firewalls
- Experience with mission-critical network operations, redundancy, and fault-tolerant architecture
- Experience with configuration and management of Microsoft Windows and Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems
- Experience with Altiris IT Management Suite
Education and Training Required
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, mathematics or a related technical field
Years of Experience
- Mid-level experience required
Desired Qualifications, Skills, Certifications
- Experience with satellite communications protocols
- Experience with satellite ground data systems
- Experience with the JASON 2/3 satellites
- Experience with NOAA NESDIS
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
If this position requires a government clearance, the applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for accessing classified information.
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All divisions are committed to making employment decisions based on valid requirements, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by state, local or federal law. For more information, please visit www.eeoc.gov.
For assistance completing this application, please contact the Staffing Coordinator at 719-219-7472 or firstname.lastname@example.org.