|Title:||Senior Algorithm Engineer|
|Location:||Colorado Springs, CO|
Senior Algorithm Engineer
Braxton Technologies, LLC, a division of Braxton Science & Technology Group (BSTG), a technology solutions company, has an opening for a Senior Algorithm Engineer to support our growing business.
The successful applicant joins a dynamic team and plays a key role in software development. This individual is a self-starter, works well with others and has strong development skills. This is a fantastic opportunity for an engineer who enjoys working in an environment where the application of his or her skills directly supports the success of the program.
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado (80903)
Job Title: Senior Algorithm Engineer
Salary: Competitive, commensurate with industry standard and experience
Shift: M-F, Days
Travel: Occasional travel possible
- Develops engineering specifications to implement new/upgraded features within Braxton's software suite. Core competencies include: orbital mechanics, attitude dynamics, coordinate system transformations, visibility/eclipse calculations, orbit/attitude determination, high precision propagation, regression analysis, and Kalman filtering.
- Assesses appropriateness of algorithms for use within the software baseline by determining a balance between algorithm accuracy, speed, and cost to implement.
- Provides guidance on testing and validating new and existing algorithms. Make judgment calls on the appropriate level of testing needed to validate an algorithm.
- Serves as a software developer to implement functionality in C++, Perl, and Python within Windows and Linux development environments.
- Contributes to Braxton's software development processes and practices.
Minimum Security Clearance
- Must be eligible and pass security screening to obtain DoD Secret
- US Citizenship is required
- Active DoD Secret Preferred
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Extensive experience in astrodynamics to include orbital mechanics, attitude dynamics and at least three (3) of the other core competencies mentioned in the position responsibilities.
- Algorithm development and model specification experience.
- Ability to clearly communicate mathematical concepts and translate them into pseudo-code.
- C++ development experience.
- Scripting experience in Perl or Python
Additional Desired Qualifications, Skills, Certifications
- Experience with processing GNSS measurement data
- Experience with using Bernese GNSS Processing Software
- Proficient developing software solutions using: Qt, generics, multithreading, STL / Boost /optimization, memory management, socket and network APIs
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Modern development tool chains (git, Jira, continuous integration, automated testing)
- Experience with Matlab, Octave, and/or NumPy
- Four year college (Bachelor's Degree) of higher Preferred
Minimum Years of Experience
- 5-10 with a Bachelor's Degree or 2-5 with a Master's Degree
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All divisions are committed to making employment decisions based on valid requirements, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by state, local or federal law. For more information, please visit www.eeoc.gov.
For assistance completing this application, please contact the Staffing Coordinator at 719-219-7472 or firstname.lastname@example.org.