|Title:||IA / Cybersecurity Engineer|
|Location:||Colorado Springs, CO|
Braxton Technologies, LLC, a division of Braxton Science & Technology Group (BSTG), a technology solutions company, has multiple openings for an Information Assurance (IA) / Cybersecurity Engineer to support our growing engineering business.
Braxton Technologies is looking for candidates with entry level to senior level experience. A DoD Secret Clearance is required for all roles.
The IA Engineer is a valuable member of a talented team and supports many functions within the division. Internally, this individual will oversee the security of company's and program's information and ensure compliance with Department of Defense (DoD) regulations. External opportunities, will support the customer's missions to maintain DoD compliant programs.
Division: Braxton Technologies
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Shift: M-F, Days
Travel: Minimal Expected
The IA Engineer will be a valuable member of their support team and will have a lead role in performing vulnerability assessments, security identification, and working with operations and development teams on remediation and mitigation of findings for existing and new programs.
- Consults with system and network administrators regarding the deployment of IA policies and tools and their impacts within independent customer projects
- Performs configuration and hardening audits parallel to system and network administrators to meet compliance requirements
- Assists program managers by providing expertise and resource requirements to aid in the development of project management timelines and integrate Risk Management Policies (RMP)
- Develops, maintains, and deploys network scanning policies and auditing equipment within network enclaves to identify vulnerabilities
- Assists operations and IT teams with maintaining NIST Controls such as 800-171. Tasks may include conducting training and providing input to the cybersecurity framework.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- 8570 Compliance Certification such as CompTIA Security+ or CISSP
- Working knowledge of DoD information security requirements and protocols
- Experience with SCAP (Security Content Automation Protocol) Compliance Checker or similar tool
- Experience using Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- In-depth knowledge of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Working knowledge of operating systems security features and settings (e.g. Windows, Unix, and Linux)
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- High School Diploma
- Higher level of education a plus
Minimum Experience Required:
- Entry to senior-career
If this position requires a government clearance, the applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for accessing classified information.
If you require an accommodation to complete this application, please contact the Talent Acquisition Division at 719-219-7472 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All divisions are committed to making employment decisions based on valid requirements, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by state, local or federal law. For more information, please visit www.eeoc.gov.