|Division:||Space Ground System Solutions|
Space Ground System Solutions, SGSS, has an opening for a System Administrator to support our growing engineering business.
SGSS is an engineering services corporation founded on the premise that "quality engineers are the most important factor when designing and developing high technology software systems." Our focus is to provide our customers with practical state of the art solutions to complex communications, command, control and intelligence systems. We currently provide engineering services to the Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) in support of: spacecraft design, development, integration, and test; satellite pre-launch, launch and mission operations; network design, development, and administration; and terrestrial observation applications for naval field units. SGSS is committed to the personal growth of our staff and strives to provide challenging work for our engineers and outstanding service to our customers.
- System Administrator
- Washington, DC (NRL)
- Space Ground System Solutions, Inc. (SGSS)
- Highly competitive
- M-F, Days
Mid-level, multi-platform, full time system administrator position supporting a program on a secured DOD client site located in Washington, D.C. The System Administrator will be responsible for the development and maintenance of computing infrastructure that supports development and use of modeling and analysis software, including servers, storage, network components, and workstations as well as all installed software. The individual will also be responsible for implementing and executing computer and information security plans in accordance with the organizations requirements and standards. Candidates should be comfortable in both Linux and Windows server environments, while also capable of supporting end-user scientific workstations.
- 3+ years administration experience in Linux (Redhat preferred).
- 3+ years administration experience in Windows Server 2k8 and Windows 7 Desktop.
- Good understanding of security issues and concerns for desktop and server implementations in a DOD environment.
- Understanding of DISA STIG requirements and implementation.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP based networking.
- Proven experience independently researching, planning, presenting, implementing and maintaining substantial IT infrastructure solutions.
- Ability to function within an Out of Band environment and find solutions to meet DISA requirements while maintaining customer ability to meet mission requirements.
- High Performance Compute Cluster administration.
- Experience in executing information assurance plans and procedures.
- Experience in collection, and communication of user requirements to supervisor to enhance current and future design and implementation of customer systems.
- Provide Help Desk support to user community.
- Interface and represent user community to enclave IA/IT groups.
- VMWare ESX configuration and support experience.
- CYGWIN, MATLAB application support.
- Day-to-day system administration and prioritization of work in support of user needs.
- Support long-term planning and management of infrastructure, including maintenance, upgrades and replacement of obsolete equipment.
- Support of information assurance plans and procedures.
- Researching new technologies for all of these environments.
- At minimum, must have a Bachelor's of Science in CS/CE/EE or similar degree path from an accredited university or equivalent combination of formal education and experience.
- Must be DoD 8570 IAT Level One compliant w/Security + certification, or obtain compliance within 60 days of employment.
- Must possess an active Secret clearance.
- The ability to obtain a TS/SCI is required
- Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements associated with access to classified information
If this position requires a government clearance, the applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for accessing classified information.
If you require an accommodation to complete this application, please contact BSTG's Talent Acquisition Team at 719-219-7472 or firstname.lastname@example.org.Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All divisions are committed to making employment decisions based on valid requirements, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by state, local or federal law. For more information, please visit www.eeoc.gov.