|Title:||Cyber Security Design Engineer|
|Location:||Colorado Springs, CO|
Braxton Technologies, LLC, a division of Braxton Science & Technology Group (BSTG), a technology solutions company, has an opening for a Cyber Security Design Engineer to support our growing cyber engineering business.
The successful applicant joins a dynamic team and plays a key role in cyber architecture design . This individual is a self-starter, works well with others and has strong development skills.
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Job Title: Cyber Security Design Engineer
Salary: Competitive, commensurate with industry standard and experience
Shift: M-F, Days
Travel: Occasional travel possible
- Engineer cyber defensive architectures to mitigate cyber risks and threats
- Develop, maintain, and deploy network scanning policies and auditing equipment within network enclaves to identify vulnerabilities
- Design and develop logical and physical security architectures
- Develop security reference models and reference architectures
- Deliver reports and brief the program team on design needs for security engineering
- Work with RMF/DIACAP compliance engineers to ensure compliance with ICD 503
- Assists with maintaining NIST Controls such as 800-171. Tasks may include conducting training and providing input to the cybersecurity framework.
- Validate and test security architecture and design solutions to produce detailed engineering specifications
Minimum Security Clearance
- DoD Secret Clearance required
- Experience conducting cybersecurity architecting/engineering functions
- 8570 Compliance Certification such as CompTIA Security+ or CISSP
- Working knowledge of DoD information security requirements and protocols
- Experience with SCAP (Security Content Automation Protocol) Compliance Checker or similar tool
- Working knowledge of operating systems security features and settings (e.g. Windows, Unix, and Linux)
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
Education and Training Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics
- 2 to 10+
- Understanding of fundamental cloud computing concepts
- Experience in satellite ground systems or satellite command and control
- Experience working on government programs using DIACAP and RMF
If this position requires a government clearance, the applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for accessing classified information.
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
For assistance completing this application, please contact the Talent Acquisition Division at 719-219-7472 or email@example.com.