|Title:||Spring Software Developer / Engineer Internship|
|Location:||Colorado Springs, CO (Downtown)|
What we do
Braxton Technologies, LLC, provides products and professional services for government, civil, and commercial customers to deliver Satellite Ground Systems, Command & Control for Ground Operations, and Secure Data Distribution. Braxton deploys Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) products and custom software to meet mission requirements. Braxton is committed to mission success. Our scientists and engineers leverage our space system expertise and understanding of the operational needs of the warfighter with our design and development infrastructure to offer innovative, cost effective solutions.
Braxton is a company of innovators, the best of the best, working together in a dynamic, challenging, rewarding and fun environment. We have an ongoing need to add creative, entrepreneurial individuals to our fast-growing roster. We create new opportunities for the right people who want to make a difference by solving problems in the areas of satellite operations, mission planning and simulation. We believe in identifying, nurturing, recognizing and rewarding outstanding performance in all areas. Our team members are given the resources, training and opportunities to share and improve their skills. Also, an empowering philosophy of openness to ideas and interaction helps them direct their careers. Above all, we act by our corporate values, which focus on ethics, integrity, excellence and service. These values shape everything we do and every decision we make. It is through these values that we form long-term customer partnerships, are recognized for expertise and experience, and attract and retain talented employees.
At Braxton, we’re committed to our Colorado Springs community. Every year we support and sponsor non-profit organizations and events such as The Pikes Peak or Bust Rodeo, Cowgirls and Cocktails, Colorado Springs Conservatory, US Warriors Outdoors, Air Force Association, CU Boulder AeroSpace Ventures, IMAGE Golf Tournament, Tee Up for Life, Boy Scouts of America, Peak Art Fund, Colorado Springs Veteran’s Day Parade, Colorado Space Business Roundtable, Space Symposium – Family Day, several 5K races throughout the year, USAFA Wing Open Boxing, Designated Driver, and more.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Software Engineering Intern to support our engineering business. This position requires a motivated individual who seeks to work in a team environment where creative solutions are encouraged, and technical challenges are the norm. Are you excited about tackling the complex problems of developing high performance software or systems? This is an excellent opportunity to explore an engineering career alongside experienced scientists and engineers who love what they do!
In this role, you will join a dynamic products team and play a key role in our internal research and development. We are seeking a self-starter, who is a collaborator and has strong software development skills. This is a fantastic opportunity for a student who thrives on working in an active environment where the application of his or her abilities has a direct effect on the success of Braxton’s products.
What will you learn?
This internship will give you an opportunity to work with our scientists and engineers with space system expertise. You’ll gain hands-on knowledge of Satellite Ground Systems and the opportunity to have direct impact on the evolution of Braxton's technologies. Additionally, you’ll build a professional network and find mentors that can help guide you through your internship and expose you to employment opportunities once you graduate.
Catalyst Campus - within proximity to cafes, shops, restaurants, galleries, museums, parks, trails and open spaces.
• Monday – Friday, 10 - 40 hours per week
As an intern on the Braxton Technologies team, you will be responsible for developing custom, high-performance, software applications and systems especially those related to satellite and ground system operations, mission planning and simulation. You will design, develop and adapt scientific methods and techniques to recommend solutions for computer problems. Software Engineering Interns analyze, interpret and apply computer science procedures in a variety of situations and recommend effective solutions. Additionally, you will contribute to software development process, practices, and infrastructure improvement. You will work closely, and on a day-to-day basis, with Braxton Technologies Engineering Subject Matter Experts in this role.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in computer science, software engineering or related discipline
- Experience in computer science concepts and principles of standard computer science practices, methods, and techniques to perform routine projects or minor phases of more complex projects
- Experience in computer design, simulation or programming software to perform routine design and analysis assignments
- Object-oriented language experience to include C++ and/or Java
- Experience in Windows and Linux environments
- Strong academic record (minimum overall GPA of 3.0)
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate degree program in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering (must have experience in Software) or Computer Science
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Team player, but also highly proactive and able to work independently
- Ability to grasp complex tasks and deliver quality outcomes
- Someone with a "ready to help" attitude
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance
- Interest in Satellite Operations / Mission Planning
- Software Simulation
- Java Script Frameworks / Vue.JS
- Completed projects or classes focused on secure coding and/or user interface design
- Free snacks and drinks.
- Access to Vault Fitness Club
- Sponsored sports teams and activities
- Interns who successfully complete the internship may be considered for full-time employment after graduation
How to Apply:
- Submit your application!
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
For assistance completing this application, please contact the Staffing Coordinator at 719-219-7472 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this position requires a government clearance, the applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for accessing classified information.