|Title:||Simulation Software Engineer|
Simulation Software Engineer
Ingenicomm, a Braxton Science & Technology Group subsidiary, seeks a Simulation Software Engineer to support our growing business. Ingenicomm is a leading provider of ground and range equipment and enterprise engineering services for civil and commercial aerospace programs, as well as the defense and intelligence communities.
With a strong corporate culture, Ingenicomm has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia by Virginia Business magazine for two years in a row.
Ingenicomm seeks motivated individuals for Simulation Software Engineering opportunities at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC). Candidates will support the Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite - R Series (GOES-R) science simulator and the Landsat Scalable Integrated Multi-Mission Simulation (LSIMSS). These tools are used to test the spacecraft and ground system, and also perform anomaly resolution.
Successful candidates will be highly motivated individuals comfortable working with a cross-disciplinary team in a fast-paced and challenging environment. This position provides opportunities to work with, and create, cutting-edge aerospace technology in support of civil space programs.
- Chantilly, VA
- Weekly travel to Suitland, MD required
- Competitive, commensurable with experience and market
- Analyze, design, implement, test and document software for inclusion in high-profile satellite communications systems
- Work closely with system engineers and project managers to deliver high-quality, reliable systems to the end customer
- Help construct unit and system/regression level test cases
- Participates in design/code reviews for project/product initiatives
- Assisting in prototype and tool development
- Support software engineering and system architecture for NASA spacecraft ground systems
- Perform software maintenance
- Develop custom code and enhancements in a Linux system environment
- Understand NASA spacecraft real-time simulation requirements
- Design and implement spacecraft simulations and real-time data communications
- Quickly understand assignments and carry them out with moderate supervision
- Support Peer Reviews at all phases of the development cycle to ensure successful integration with other software components
- Communicate with engineers to resolve any data anomaly and support ad hoc requests from NASA customers and the user community
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in Linux OS, Bash script, Java and C++
- Well versed in Linux system and best practices
- Experience with software development
- Quick learner, and enjoys the challenge of learning and doing something new
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, mathematics or a related technical field
Required Security Clearance
- US Citizenship is required
Years of Experience
- Mid to senior level experience required
Desired Qualifications, Skills, Certifications
- Experience with satellite communications protocols
- Experience with satellite ground data systems
- Experience with the Landsat program
If this position requires a government clearance, the applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for accessing classified information.
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All divisions are committed to making employment decisions based on valid requirements, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by state, local or federal law. For more information, please visit www.eeoc.gov.
For assistance completing this application, please contact the Staffing Coordinator at 719-219-7472 or firstname.lastname@example.org.