|Title:||Principal Software Engineer|
|Division:||Space Ground System Solutions|
Space Ground System Solutions has an immediate full-time opening for a senior level software test engineer. The position will be responsible for software integration and testing of the Virtual Mission Operations Center (VMOC) software, and is located at the Naval Research Lab (NRL) in Washington DC.
- Ten (10) years’ experience performing software integration and test, and verifying software-based systems.
- Experience designing, developing, and executing software integration and qualification tests
- Experience testing software application program interfaces (APIs)
- Experience automating software testing, including executing and reporting
- Experience with software configuration management tools (examples: GIT)
- Experience with Satellite Systems or Satellite Operations
- Experience interacting with relational databases (examples: MySQL, PostGreSQL, Oracle DB)
- Ability to communicate effectively with developers for investigating and resolving test anomalies.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and failure analysis
- Perform System-level Software Integration and Test of the Virtual Mission Operations Center (VMOC) software system.
- Automate software test execution and results reporting
- Create test plans, procedures and capture test results.
- Troubleshoot software system issues and work with developers to resolve test anomalies.
- Work as an effective team member across multiple disciplines (systems, software developers, networking, configuration management, & test engineering)
- Ability to work in an Agile environment
- Travel, < 10%
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science/Engineering or Software Engineering from an accredited university or equivalent combination of formal education and experience.
- Must be a US Citizen, and possess a current, active DoD SECRET clearance
- Must meet eligibility requirements associated with obtaining a TS clearance
- Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements associated with access to classified information