|Title:||Cyber Security Compliance Engineer|
|Location:||Colorado Springs, CO|
Braxton Technologies, LLC, a division of Braxton Science & Technology Group (BSTG), a technology solutions company, has an opening for a Cyber Security Compliance Engineer to support our growing cyber engineering business.
The successful applicant joins a dynamic team and plays a key role in cyber compliance. This individual is a self-starter, works well with others and has strong development skills.
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Job Title: Cyber Security Compliance Engineer
Salary: Competitive, commensurate with industry standard and experience
Shift: M-F, Days
Travel: Occasional travel possible
- Suggest and implement measures to maintain compliance with ICD 503
- Provide cyber security support for systems customer sites
- Deliver reports and brief the program team on compliance needs for security engineering.
- Ensure security requirements are addressed in all phases of the system development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Develop required security accreditation documentation under the DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Program (DIACAP) and Federal Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Assists with maintaining NIST Controls such as 800-171. Tasks may include conducting training and providing input to the cybersecurity framework.
- Lead and support security assessment activities needed to obtain and/or maintain the Approval to Operate (ATO) security authorization for assigned systems
- Identify security risks, threats and vulnerabilities of networks, systems, and applications
- Conduct security architecture analysis to evaluate and mitigate issues
- Validate and test security architecture and design solutions to produce detailed engineering specifications
Minimum Security Clearance
- DoD Secret Clearance required
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- 8570 Compliance Certification such as CompTIA Security+ or CISSP
- Working knowledge of DoD information security requirements and protocols
- Experience with SCAP (Security Content Automation Protocol) Compliance Checker or similar tool
- Experience using Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- In-depth knowledge of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Working knowledge of operating systems security features and settings (e.g. Windows, Unix, and Linux)
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
Education and Training Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics
- 2 to 10+
- Experience in satellite ground systems or satellite command and control
- Experience working on government programs using DIACAP and RMF
If this position requires a government clearance, the applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for accessing classified information.
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
For assistance completing this application, please contact the Staffing Coordinator at 719-219-7472 or firstname.lastname@example.org.