|Title:||Fall Software Developer / Engineer Internship|
|Location:||Colorado Springs, CO (Downtown)|
What we do
Braxton Technologies, LLC, provides products and professional services for government, civil, and commercial customers to deliver Satellite Ground Systems, Command & Control for Ground Operations, and Secure Data Distribution. Braxton deploys Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) products and custom software to meet mission requirements. Braxton is committed to mission success. Our scientists and engineers leverage our space system expertise and understanding of the operational needs of the warfighter with our design and development infrastructure to offer innovative, cost effective solutions.
Braxton is a company of innovators, the best of the best, working together in a dynamic, challenging, rewarding and fun environment. We have an ongoing need to add creative, entrepreneurial individuals to our fast-growing roster. We create new opportunities for the right people who want to make a difference by solving problems in the areas of satellite operations, mission planning and simulation. We believe in identifying, nurturing, recognizing and rewarding outstanding performance in all areas. Our team members are given the resources, training and opportunities to share and improve their skills. Also, an empowering philosophy of openness to ideas and interaction helps them direct their careers. Above all, we act by our corporate values, which focus on ethics, integrity, excellence and service. These values shape everything we do and every decision we make. It is through these values that we form long-term customer partnerships, are recognized for expertise and experience, and attract and retain talented employees.
At Braxton, we're committed to our Colorado Springs community. Every year we support and sponsor non-profit organizations and events such as The Pikes Peak or Bust Rodeo, Cowgirls and Cocktails, Colorado Springs Conservatory, US Warriors Outdoors, Air Force Association, CU Boulder AeroSpace Ventures, IMAGE Golf Tournament, Tee Up for Life, Boy Scouts of America, Peak Art Fund, Colorado Springs Veteran's Day Parade, Colorado Space Business Roundtable, Space Symposium - Family Day, several 5K races throughout the year, USAFA Wing Open Boxing, Designated Driver, and more.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for Software Engineering Interns to support our engineering business. This position requires a motivated individual who seeks to work in a team environment where creative solutions are encouraged, and technical challenges are the norm. Are you excited about tackling the complex problems of developing high performance software or systems? This is an excellent opportunity to explore an engineering career alongside experienced scientists and engineers who love what they do!
In this role, you will join a dynamic products team and play a key role in our internal research and development. We are seeking a self-starter, who is a collaborator and has strong software development skills. This is a fantastic opportunity for a student who thrives on working in an active environment where the application of his or her abilities has a direct effect on the success of Braxton's products.
What will you learn?
This internship will give you an opportunity to work with our scientists and engineers with space system expertise. You'll gain hands-on knowledge of Satellite Ground Systems and the opportunity to have direct impact on the evolution of Braxton's technologies. Additionally, you'll build a professional network and find mentors that can help guide you through your internship and expose you to employment opportunities once you graduate.
Braxton is in the heart of downtown Colorado Springs, Colorado within proximity to cafes, shops, restaurants, galleries, museums, parks, trails and open spaces.
- M-F, 10 - 20 hours per week required
- Up to 40 hours per week available
As an intern on the Braxton Technologies R&D team, you will be responsible for researching new software modules, paradigms, and tool sets; evaluating them for our applications; presenting your findings to the team with clarity; and helping us to integrate them into our projects and workflows. You will also help us maintain our current code base by implementing new features/techniques and refactoring or improving existing ones. Since an important part of R&D is prototyping possible solutions that may or may not prove to be viable, you will sometimes need to backtrack from a branch of development and welcome that effort as a positive learning experience that has benefited you and the whole team. You will frequently give and receive constructive feedback as we discover and adapt our requirements through the dynamic R&D process. You will work closely, and on a day-to-day basis, with Braxton Technologies' experienced software and design professionals transitioning to an iterative, sprint-based design environment.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in computer science, software engineering or related discipline
- Exposure to standard concepts and principles of computer science: practices, methods, and techniques of development within modular projects
- Exposure to fundamental algorithms, such as sorting, tree searching, and performance terms such as O(n)
- Some familiarity with HTML and other web-page components such as CSS
- Experience in Windows environments, Linux a plus
- Strong academic record (minimum overall GPA of 3.0)
- Current enrollment or recent graduation (last calendar year) in an undergraduate degree program in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering (must have experience in Software) or Computer Science
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Team player, but also highly proactive and able to work independently
- Ability to grasp complex tasks and deliver quality outcomes
- Someone with a "ready to help" attitude
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance
- Interest in Satellite Operations / Mission Planning
- Web development experience, such as building a small web site or home page
- Experience using source control, especially git
- Projects or coursework focused on user interface or web design
- Free snacks and drinks
- Access to Vault Fitness Club
- Sponsored sports teams and activities
- Free downtown parking
- Interns who successfully complete the internship may be considered for full-time employment after graduation
How to Apply:
- Submit your application!
If this position requires a government clearance, the applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for accessing classified information.
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All divisions are committed to making employment decisions based on valid requirements, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by state, local or federal law. For more information, please visit www.eeoc.gov.
For support, please contact the Staffing Coordinator at email@example.com or 719-219-7472.